When just starting out financially there are a few things that you need to make sure that you do. These are all optional but life will be so much less stressful if you follow them. So listen to this Financial Help For College Students.
- Save & Invest: Save all you can when you’re young and don’t have as many commitments as you will when you’re older. Invest in riskier stocks because the payoff is greater and if all doesn’t go so well then you have plenty of time to make up any loss if it occurs.
- Forget Life Insurance: My job currently provides life insurance to me for free, but if it didn’t I wouldn’t pay for it. Unless you have anyone that depends on your income it’s not necessary.
- Get Direct Deposit: Don’t waste your time going to the bank every week to cash your check. It’s so much less time consuming to just have your checked deposited into a checking account and you can also have a portion of it deposited into a savings account so you don’t even notice it.
- Get Benefits: Try and land a job with some benefits. The main ones you’ll want to have are 401k, health, and dental. Health is going to be the most likely one you’ll have with the new healthcare laws going into effect, but the other ones will definitely help you out. If you get a 401k through work make sure you at least contribute up to the employer match so you can get that free money.
- Get a Degree: Any degree will do, 2 year, 4 year, even some kind of certification will help you land a higher paying job. If you don’t get a degree then see my last tip.
- Don’t take life so seriously: Things are going to happen that are out of your control, don’t stress over it. Follow this tip and you’ll live longer.
- Take Risks: Start your own business, Ask the girl you like out, Apply for that job you don’t think you qualify for. If you don’t do it, you’ll never know. Don’t live regretting that you should have done something. Do It!! I promise you will recover from any rejection in the long life you have ahead of you.
Do you have any Financial Help For College Students?